The last week has flown by. Honestly I cannot remember much about it. Rex worked a 72 hour shift. The last 16 hours he spent fighting a wild fire up in the Wilkeson area. The poor guy has gotten no sleep. This morning I went and got him from Wilkeson. He unfortunately did not get to come home to a comfy bed. No he had 1400 square feet of sod (instant grass, the best thing ever invented!!!!!!) to lay. He is back to work tomorrow and we are off to Chicago on Thursday so today was the only day he could lay the sod. His Dad and another fire fighter came over and the got it done by 2. Which was so amazing. I just kept feeding Rex and he just kept going. So the big question is, is he passed out yet????? The answer, no. His Battalion Chief called and invited him and a couple of guys for beers. And well when the BC invites you, you go. During the entire 72 Rex got about 6-8 hours of sleep. Why a 72, because he got mandatory. It happens about once a year, too many people called out sick and no one was picking up the over time. You all know firefighters, when the sun comes out the all disappear.
During Rexer's 72 I was Blessed by my family. They all sure know how to step in and help. My auntie Jean was visiting from Canada and it was Grandpa Ralph's 84th birthday. We spent a lot of time in the sun and relaxing.
During Rexer's 72 I was Blessed by my family. They all sure know how to step in and help. My auntie Jean was visiting from Canada and it was Grandpa Ralph's 84th birthday. We spent a lot of time in the sun and relaxing.
As for Ryan, he loves being outside and constantly smells like sunblock. He is loving to give hugs, show us his muscles and say "me" when he wants something. He is growing so fast. I really feel like he is a little boy, not a baby anymore. He is pointing at everything and is really trying to make an attempt to communicate with us. It seems like lately there is never a quite or dull moment in the Orcutt household. The truth is I would have it no other way. Rex will be 27 on Thursday and we are heading to Chicago for a long weekend. Ryan will be staying with my sis. Please pray that I make it, this will be the longest I have ever been separated from my little boy!



1 comment:
The grass looks great! I can't wait to come over and see it!
Post a Comment