Monday, November 24, 2008

The simple things

Life can get so crazy that sometime we all need a reminder to slow down. Yesterday was my reminder. Mom called us early in the morning, she had made french toast-my favorite but only when my mom makes it. It is no secret that I love to spend time with my family every chance I get. But yesterday seemed extra special for some reason. Julie and the girls stayed the night so they were already at Mom and Dad's. So we packed up and all went over in our pj's.
We showed up to Johanna in her undies, Elisha fully dressed everyone else in their pj's and Julie and Grandpa Ralph still asleep. We ate a wonderful breakfast. I was enjoying my french toast and I looked over and both my parents are sitting around this little pink table with their Granddaughters. It was the cutest thing to see my Father sitting at a little pink table. The funny thing was that this is normal. My parents are amazing Grandparents, to all of the grandchildren. They love all of them and have special relationships with each individual child.
It always is amazing that my mother's sparkly house turns into a mad house with stuff everywhere when we are all there. She does not even blink an eye. They have every toy and everything there so we are all comfortable. Leroy showed up after work. We just had a great relaxing day with family. My favorite part was bath time. All three grandchildren took a bath in my parent's big tub. Which us kids us to do. After that it was the bed time routine. Lotion and pj's. Johanna turned up the music, and everyone danced and laughed. Well some of us cried- only because it was so amazing to step back and see the innocence of all three children. The room was filled with little giggles and all of the children trying to sing. Ry even tries to keep up with his cousins. At Gram's house the kids get to jump on beds and stay up late. They even get extra treats and tons of hugs and kisses. I guess what I am trying to say is that, family is family. And simple Sundays are so important to have. Life goes by so fast. I remember when it was Julie, Brian and I in that big tub in my parent's room. And now my son is in there with his cousins. WE ARE SO BLESSED-what else can I say.

No comments: