The last week has been pretty crazy, sometimes crazy in good ways and other times not so good. Quick recap. On Monday we drove to Bellingham to help Rex's Aunt move. It was a long day, but I am glad we got to see her and Rexer was able to help a little bit. We also were able to see some other family while up there. Ryan did amazing. He was pretty happy and just went with the flow. We found a beautiful city park and let Ryan run around and let off steam. Tuesday we just relaxed and tried to catch up on sleep. Wednesday Rex was back at work, so Ry and I went up to Julie's house to stay the night. It was a blast, the kids played outside all day. The only break we took was to go pick Elisha up from the bus stop. Jul, Ry and I slept all together in Julie's bed and at some point Johanna climbed in. That did not last long. Johanna wanted to talk to Ry and then before we knew it we were all awake. We all woke up had breakfast and got ready for the day. At one point we all were in the bathroom getting ready and Johanna started to cry, Julie and I just looked at her. At that same moment Ryan came up to her and gave her a hug. It was the cutest thing in the entire world. We have not taught him hugs, but somehow he new that she was really upset. He put his arms around her and would not let go. It was one of the most pure, sweet things I have ever seen. After that Hallmark moment we had to rush Ellie to school and off to MOPS.
Today was Julie and I 's last day of MOPS. MOPS is the moms group that Julie and I attend together, last October I started with Julie. We met twice a month, so this meant that twice a month I left our house at 8am and drove to Gig Harbor. It was totally worth it. It was 6 hours a month that I got to spend with my sister with no children. I got to see her as my big sis. It was an amazing experience that helped me grow not only as a mother, but as a person. I am looking forward to doing MOPS next year, but will never be the same without my sister by my side.
So to my beautiful Sister......
I love you so much, you are an amazing wife, mother, and sister. You wear so many hats and yet somehow you are able to wear all of them with grace and a smile on your face. I am so thankful to be apart of the roller coaster ride of motherhood with you. I would not be the mommy I am today without you and your constant support, love and engorgement. Knowing that you are always by my side makes the hard moments a little easier. Thank you for always being just a phone call away (thank God for free minutes between phones). Thank you for encouraging me in my walk with Jesus. Your love for him is contagious. Something truly amazing happens when God makes sisters, it is a bond like nothing ordinary. I love you sis.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That made me cry...
Post a Comment