So all you moms out there will understand this blog. Ryan and I woke up this morning at about 7:30. I rolled out of bed completely exhausted from lack of sleep. Like so tired I put Ry in the car and drove to Starbucks while we both were in pajamas. Ry does not sleep well on a good night, let alone while he is sick. Seriously when he is sick he is up every hour. It would not be so bad, but Rex is on the last day of his shift so most of the time Ry has been sick I have been alone. This morning Ry woke up he in a mood. I could just tell it was going to be one of those days. As I type this he is trying to climb the baby gate I have on the door of the play room so he can escape. I have us barricaded in here so I can have a moment of sanity. Today Ryan has fallen down too many times to count. All morning Ry was busy and into everything. He has learned how to open doors so he can get into every room in the house now. Now understand Ry is never alone more than a minute, I pee with the door open-seriously. He most of the time is in my sights. He is just getting so quick. This afternoon he fell down the stairs outside. We were playing outside after lunch. I was still eating my sandwich, I went to take a bite and by the time I looked up he was falling down the stairs. There are about 6 steps he made it about half way down. He has a little bump on his head, a scratch on his chin and one one finger. I think it scared me more than it scared him. After a little cry he was up and running again. Next while inside, I was in the kitchen and Ry decided to climb the inside stairs. By the time I was done cracking 4 eggs he was at the top and on his way back down. In the highchair he went. He helped me make two pumpkin pies for Daddy. No injuries there. We had a snack and started to clean the house. He slammed the door on his finger, opened a door and the corner of the door hit his head-another bruise. Finally time for dinner, while I was making our dinner he decide he wanted to climb onto the chair. I say him do this so I decided to just watch him to see what he would do. Sure enough after he had conquered the chair he went straight for the table. Within seconds he was on top of the table. Within a few more seconds he was standing and walking on the table. By this time I was right next to him and grabbed him off the table. It is just so crazy how active he is. It is so fun to watch him learn and discover new things. He is definitely his Daddy's little boy. Rex always says Go big or go home''. I am sure That I will be hearing this from Ry soon.
What is Ryan wearing in these pictures you ask, well remember that whole tired thing. We both have been in our pj's all day. You can see in the picture of us how tired I look.



2 comments:
Wow - Ryan sure is a boy! Sounds just like my boys and my nephews, too. My sister-in-law's little boy is thirteen months old and yesterday he fell down the stairs on Mike's parents deck twice. Both times, it seemed to freak out all the mamas more than it did him. My poor SIL, she's due with her second baby in two weeks and her husband just wants to let Hayden figure out how to do everything by himself..she's got her hands full with him - sound a lot like Ryan. :)
Erik's been impressing us with his climbing skills, too..even though he's not walking at all, he sure can climb.
I hope you caught up on your sleep over the weekend. Love you guys!
Katie
LOL! Is it bad that I am laughing? I really feel ya here, Cin. Just keep telling yourself that your active little man will grow into an active big man and his confidence will be huge because he could be so busy and free as a youngin'. :D (Well, that's what I tell myself with Wilson, at least...)
Hugs!
Nicole
Post a Comment