Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finger prints

This morning while Ryan was napping I was getting ready to clean all the windows, mirrors and television. One of Ryan's favorite things to do is put his dirty or slobbery hands all over everything. Rex really encourages this because he thinks it is cute. So not only are there finger prints at Ryan's level, but they are at Rex's level also. Rex will hold Ryan and they will bang on the windows or mirrors together. It leaves interesting art work in each room of my home. As I was getting ready to wash my window, and honestly I was a little annoyed with the fingerprints. I stood there for a while looking at the hand prints and I realized that one day he will not be leaving fingerprints on my windows and mirrors. It was one of those moments that I believe God was telling me to slow down and appreciate Baby Ryan. Our little guy is growing up so much and each day is more and more independent. I love each new stage in his life, but I cannot help but think of when he was really little. Ry is a total joy. I am Blessed to be his mama. It just goes by so fast. I am really working on trying to enjoy every moment of Motherhood. There are good times and some hard times, but I am amazed at how much Ryan has taught me about life. While standing there staring at my dirty window I decided not to clean any of the mirrors or windows. His little fingerprints are a reminder to me to enjoy every moment!

No comments: