Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well the plan was to be off to Montana, but since I am writing a blog you all know that did not happen. Quick recap. For what seems like forever our little guy has been sick. Translation about 6 weeks-we think. Last night I hit my breaking point. Ryan sat on the couch all day with fever. It ran between 101-103. He was supper snugly and cried most of the day. He woke up that morning at 2:30 am. We could not break the fever so at about 2 am this morning we drove to the emergency room. After a couple of hours, testing and everyone coming in the room to see us we finally got to go home with some peace of mind. Ry has some kind of infection/fluid around his lungs. It is not quite pneumonia, but it is close. He also has an ear infection. They gave us some antibiotics, a shot and sent us home. I was so thankful for the staff at the hospital, they were amazing. Thank God for good nurses that are nice and who care. Most of them know Rex, which helped out. We all crashed out in our bed and got some sleep finally. Rex and Ryan slept until 12. I called home and I knew our little boy was better when I heard he was eating waffles with his Papa. One of both of their favorite meals. By the time I got home from the store we were all ready to get outside, so that we did. Rexer worked in the yard and Ry and I played. He had lovely green snot coming out of his nose, but he was active and happy. It feels so nice to have an end insight to the never ending sickness that has been looming over the Orcutt household.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having sick kids is heart wrenching, isn't it? I've made my fair share of trips to the emergency room and doctor's office to figure out what's going on with one or more of my kids. It's so hard with babies, especially, because they can't tell you what's wrong with them or what hurts. Even now, it's really only Jenny that tells us what's wrong - even Elias at two and a half doesn't really get it. Glad things turned out okay and Ryan will be getting better!