Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life is good!!!!












































































































































































The past few days have been amazing. This morning we got back from a mini vacation. We went to Summit Lake, our good family friends own a cabin on the lake. Well honestly it is a beautiful home not really a cabin. They have boats, all kinds of water toys and well anything you can think of for the water and relaxing. Julie and the girls, Rex, Ry and I all joined April and Grady for 4 days of sun, beer and a ton of fun. April is the ultimate host, truly she just took care of everything. Leroy and Bri decided last minute that they would join the party. I was so thankful that they skipped out on work to hang out. Where to start..... the moment we got there we were in the water. To only time we got out was to eat. Elisha and Ry loved it. Johanna loved it at times. The boys played on the water trampoline-well they played king of the castle. They all got really beat up. Rexer has several bruises. At one point Bri and Leroy were bleeding. Great to sit back and watch. We had smores the first night and Ry ate way too much chocolate. It was really cute, it was all over his face. When we said no more, he licked his fingers and tried to get the chocolate off his face. He swam and played with his cousins from morning to night. I believe that Ryan's favorite thing was the jet ski. Rex decided to take him out for a ride. Within about 5 minutes he was passed out asleep. Rex did not realize that Ry was asleep until he brought him back. As soon as Rexer passed Ry off to someone on the dock he was instantly awake. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Rex decided to take him out again-same thing happened. We truly had a wonderful time. I was soooooo relaxed. We did however get sun burns on top of sun tans so needless to say us adults were in a little pain. It was totally worth it.
We came home and had a wonderful dinner with some friends. They have two children. The children had a great time playing while us adults enjoyed a quit dinner. It is so fun to see Ry with other children. They all fed each other their ice cream. It was everywhere. Fun memories.

2 comments:

Mom2 said...

I printed the picture of Ryan with his hat on and life vest standing on the dock Put a heading on it that says "Tourist of the Year" and taped it up on the dispatch window at work. What a wonderful mini vacation that you had and I am so glad that you got to Relax Cindy. Obviously Rex and Ryan figured out what mini vacations are for fun and sleep

Nicole said...

Life is good, indeed! Great pics. I love the one of Rex and Ryan asleep on the seadoo. LOL!