Friday, November 14, 2008

Bump on the head




My cute little boy has a big bump on his forehead. I was running around this morning trying to get ready to leave the house and I set Ryan down by some of his toys. I ran upstairs and I heard a thump followed by him screaming. I ran down stairs like a mad woman to see my little boy crying and smiling at the same time. He has a beautiful wooden fire truck that we found at a second hand store. He always wants to pay with it, it all comes apart and he can undo some of the big wooden pieces. He crawled over to it and seriously bumped his head. I think he was proud of himself that he made it to the fire truck, but he was really hurt. He has a huge bump on his head that is all red. Of course we went to go show Daddy and Rex did not even notice it. It was so traumatic for me. It is always amazing to me that when anything happens to your child everything seems to matter and everything is worse case scenario. Ryan is fine, it was me that I think that Rex was worried about. But how can I help it that is my little boy. I always knew that I would love my son, but I never thought I would be in love with him. As all mothers understand the love that you have for your children is unlike anything you could ever express. Here is a picture of the HUGE BUMP on Ryan's forehead. -yes I know you can hardly see it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Cindy, I do know how you felt today. When Brian had just turned one, I was working on a tongue and groove wall that we were doing in our recroom. I had all of the boards leaning against the wall, and they started falling like dominoes. One ended up hitting Brian in the head and made it bleed really bad. I grabbed him and ran outside screaming for help toward my neighbor. I knew she was home, and for some reason thought she could help me. She was older than me and had a son also. I was in my bright yellow robe, it was covered in blood! When the neighbor's husband came out, he applied pressure and said it would be fine. We cleaned him up and butterflied it and he still has the scar. Thats the day I met the neighbor too. We had an appointment the next day for our family picture and they retouched it. Now when I hold the picture to the light, you can see it. There will be many bumps and bruises, but I think you remember the first ones the most!