Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby Gates

I never thought that we would be one on those families that has their entire house baby proofed. I read about a company that comes in and will baby proof your entire house, I just laughed thinking that I would never need anything like that. Boy was I wrong. Ryan is into everything. It is insane. All of the rooms that I thought were safe somehow have hidden dangers around every corner. I vacuum all the time, but somehow Ry will find dirt or a piece of something to eat. It is amazing that he has so many toys, but he rather play with the little tinny plastic thing he finds on the floor from a tag of a shirt. We have two baby gates at the top of each set of stairs. I fear I am going to have to get more. Today I was making lunch and Ry was playing with his toys in the fireplace room. I was talking to him and he was making tons of noise talking back and banging on is toys. All of the sudden it was quite. As a Mom you always know that when it is quite something is going on. Sure enough I look down and I see this little head bobbin up and down by the stairs. He has gotten himself up the first stair. He was so proud of himself. Needless to say he sits in his chair in the kitchen when I am making any kind of meal.

No comments: