Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pedicure

Today I received the best birthday gift. I know that it is not officially not my birthday, but I felt so special. Rex has been bothering me to go get a pedicure for a while. This is something I really enjoy to do and I use to do at least once a month. It just seems like the last month I have made appointments and than something else will come up and I cancel them. It was something I wanted done before my birthday, Rex and I are planning to go to Seattle for the night. Well today I had a lot of running around to do after my moms group and Rex is on shift. So I called my mom and she offered to take Ry for a couple of hours so I could get a break. While getting a pedicure my phone rang, I usually would ignore it but I looked down and it was my Jamie. As silly as it sounds, it was the best pedicure I have had in a long time. Although Jamie was not with me I felt like she was. I got to talk to my best friend for an uninterrupted 22 minutes and 47 seconds. Naturally this is not the longest conservation we have ever had and we did not solve the worlds problems, but we just got to chat. It was nice to not have anyone need me but her. I was able to listen and focus on what she was saying. So to you Jamie, thank you for always knowing when to call and always loving and supporting me. You are an amazing woman, and friend. I always love to hear your voice.

2 comments:

The Rutkosky's said...

I'm glad you had such a great time at your pedicure. I guess it's a good thing I couldn't go with you! :)

Jamie said...

My daily routine is to come home from school, get a snack, and read The Orcutt Family blog. It's the best part of my day! I am so thankful that you have started this blog because it makes me feel like I'm not missing out on as much as I really am. I love you and am always a phone call away.