Now it is my turn to write in this wonderful blog/journal that we (Cin) has created. I absolutely love to do this. It is an opportunity to share with everyone that doesn't get to be in our everyday life. So, that said here is my blog.
I finally went back to shift work on Nov. 30 2008. It felt like HOME SWEET HOME. I never realized how much I had missed being on shift work. To be back and a part of the brotherhood was very nice. I had people calling me from other stations telling me that it was nice to have me back on shift. That felt really good. But I MISSED MY FAMILY MORE THAN ANYTHING because I ended up doing a 72 hour shift. My normal shift was Sunday and Tuesday but there was an opportunity to pick up a 24 hour shift on Monday down in Sumner. The 72 hour shift wasn't bad but being away from my family was hard. I really missed them a lot. I missed playing with my son and just sitting and talking to Cin. My love for my family has grown even greater than I could have even imagined. ( And yes I have tears in my eyes right now). God has blessed me in may ways and I can not even imagine what is to come. I thank God every day for the many blessings he has given to my family.
During my 72 hour shift Cin had come by the station a couple of times and I got to see my beautiful wife and my little man. I enjoy them coming by the station. It makes me feel proud and honored to have my family come to my other home and for them to get to know my other family. The guys at the fire house are great and our department is very family oriented. Sometimes family members will come and have dinner with us or just stop by to say hi. It is really nice that we can work at such a great place that allows things like that. In fact on my last 24 hour shift Cin came by and dropped off a freshly baked pumpkin loaf. That did not last very long. The guys from the other stations were there and we all devoured it. So finally the end of my 72 hour shift came to an end I was off to wild land training. I was only there until noon but I could not wait to get home. In the 72 hours I was at work Ryan had picked up speed and awareness. I could not believe how much he had changed in the 3 days I was gone. It is crazy how fast they grow. I cherish every moment I can with my family because if there is one thing I have learned so far in life is that it can all end in a blink of an eye. We take a lot for granted and that is normal. But I try everyday to take a step back and watch and enjoy the small things because who knows when it will be your last. Try to enjoy life to the fullest and do things that you want and enjoy. Life is precious and is a gift from God.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment