Today is an interesting day. Rex is on the last day of his 72 hour shift and he just called to let me know he has a wildland class tomorrow. That means that he will not be home until about 5pm and than back at work for another 24 0n Thursday. I am so thankful for the overtime, but it is so quite around this house without him. I love being a Fireman's wife, but sometimes it is so lonely. I have to be independent and do a lot of things that he normally does. Like taking out the trash and feeding the dog It is a weird feeling to know that I have to be able to survive without him. I had lunch with the Gonzales family and Grandpa Ralph, but it is not as much fun with out Rex. We got our Christmas tree on Saturday and decorated a little around the house. I have finished all the decorating, the weirdest thing is that Rex has not seen any of it. Today we went and saw him at work and he started to cry when he saw us. He loves his job, but he loves his family more. I am thankful that Ryan has been sleeping through the night and taking good naps. That makes it easier on me. I never realized how much Rex misses out on until we had Ry. Prospective I guess. Ryan discovers or does something new everyday and 72 hours is a lifetime to a child. I also miss him like crazy. So I pray that he gets home early tomorrow and that the next 28 hours fly by.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Cin, I am so glad that you are almost family...and I will someday be in your shoes...and I understand. :) Also, we will definitely take u up on a bed and meal someday!
Love Jamie
Post a Comment