Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wonderful birthday surprise

Thank you to all of my amazing family and friends. I was showered with gifts, cards and phone calls on my birthday. I know it sounds silly, but I cannot believe that I am 26. It is a very weird age. Yesterday my birthday started out really stressful. By mid morning I was at Audrey's beautiful home for a girls Christmas baking day. It was a fun mid morning full of laughter champagne and of course lots of yummy treats. After I left the Roggenkamp household I drove the 3.5 miles home. It was snowy and beautiful out. I cannot remember the last time it snowed on my birthday!!! Once home Rexer was getting ready for our next round of visitors. Julie, Leroy, the girls and my parents all came over for my favorite dinner. Yes it is still chicken strips, green beans and mashed potatoes. After dinner I had a beautiful cake that Rexer made, and of course he had to put and light 26 candles. He turned off all the lights, man all those candles really lit up the living room. We ended the day with two sick kiddos. Ellie slept in our bed and was sick again this morning. The funniest thing about my birthday was that Rex and I were planning on going to Seattle and Ry was going to Juls for the night. Due to weather we decided not to . I am thankful that we stayed home. I had more fun watching the kids play together, having other people open my presents (the kids) and waking up to a house full of family. There is nothing better than the sound of little feet and laughter running through a home.

No comments: