Saturday, January 10, 2009

Orcutt family party

Well today was the annual Orcutt family party. This was the first year that we were the hosts. I decided to have salmon and a seafood theme. Thank you Audrey and Todd for the fish. It was a blast, it is really nice to have family in our new home. We had a few mishaps well only one major one-no propane in the BBQ. So we baked the salmon. I however did not get to eat, I do not like seafood and my steak was going to be cooked on the BBQ. But over all it was a nice day. Ryan is sleeping already. He was a little cutie-pie with all of the family. He definitely looks like an Orcutt. All the men are tall and slender. He was in full form because naturally most of the day we just watched him and entertained him. Ryan has always been a loud baby, but I feel like today he really hit some high notes. He was as loud or louder than the crowd most of the day. Only about half of the Orcutt clan were here which was about 20 people. We definitely missed the rest of you. Ryan tried salmon, he really seemed to like it after the first few bites. Ryan also tried just about everything on the dessert table, not by my choice it was pretty cute to watch him. I have learned that I have to let that one go, we really try to feed Ryan healthy food but it is amazing how many people want to give your child sugar (What is with that???). It is fun to know that Ryan will carry on the family name. I was cooking most of the time so I do not have any pictures-bummer.

1 comment:

Dad said...

deweyRex and Cin
Thanks so very much for hosting the party. We all felt loved and at home with you. You are great parents and son and daughter. Thanks again for the coffee mug with the pictures of Ryan and Loring
Love you Dad